Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Still Thinking, Still Inspired


It's been nine months since I last posted here. Mobile and sculpture have taken a back seat to other interests........travel, exercise, golf, reading, and some cooking.

This is my fourth year of being away from a 42 year traditional work life. It has been as good or better than I imagined. New friendships and more time with my best friend and wife Kathy.

Art has my avocation for about 15 years. About two weeks ago, after a year of very little time in my workshop/studio, thoughts of making mobiles again entered my head. I pulled out a few of my Alexander Calder books and was once again inspired by what I saw. I'm back at it. We'll see what happens. Could be short lived with little art produced, or perhaps some new inspiration and good work will come forth. Ah, the beauty of being an artist.

No comments: